Saturday, September 5, 2009

Eternity’s morn

Date: March 1999

Context:
Written at Byculla (Bombay) Railway station... was returning to office after an assignment at a customer’s.

As we do wade thro' a time-bound life
Busying ourselves with its myriad chores
It pays real well, it really does
To keep our eyes on eternity's morn.



Many trudge without a concerned sigh
For the need around, which made Him cry.
Will I O' Lord to that crowd belong?
Or will I follow You all along?



As many Christians, with fear do cringe
Not knowing their saviour, an enthroned King.
Help me O' Lord, of help to be
Setting them on a conquering spree.


A wretched sinner, vile was I
But thro' Christ's blood, pure am I.
That others too may join with me
To worship Thee, is my plea.



As time goes by I've more perceived:
It pays real well, it really does
To keep our eyes
On eternity's morn.



No comments:

Post a Comment