Saturday, September 5, 2009

Am I a lesser mortal?

Date:2009

Context: “In the Lord’s church there are the great and there are the good”, wrote A W Tozer. While we may aspire to be amongst the great, God in His wisdom, allocates most of us to be only of the second cadre. Are we inferior therefore? No, not unless God is unfair and He is not!

Am I a lesser mortal
If from others, my light is lit
When God to me is revealed
Through other mens’ writ?

Am I a lesser man
If my life be fully spent
Furthering the gifts of others
Though I be never seen?

Do all have to light their lamps
Straight from God on high?
Isn't there a greater Grace
If through other men, my Father's made nigh?


For years, I sought to establish
An identity of my own
Till slowly the truth was revealed
That Christ, my entirety owned.

Thus, my weary heart,
Found the rest for which it sighed.
Now Jesus is my purpose
And I am on His side.

No comments:

Post a Comment