Saturday, September 5, 2009

B'day greetings to Indu

Date: March 2000

Context: B’day poem for her in March 2000. March 1999 I sent her an e-card Not much of a poem was in it.

March last, of rhyming verses
I had some dearth,
Today I wish u more than
A happy day of birth:

I look back on the years
Gone by
When I breathed about u
Many a sigh.

Oft I spoke,
Of the Christian path
Like seeds they were dropped,
With no life in sight.




Then to college u went,
And from Mom I heard,
That u were active in a prayer band.
The change I began to see.

My prayer for u and me
Is that fellowship we will see,
In ever increasing measure
For that is true treasure.



So long my sister,
Good are His plans.
His beloved He does bless
Through many a lash.

So look up to the future
Bright will it be,
Through trials He will -
Make u strong, u’ll see.

More than the Bible
The written word,
Let us be led
To the Eternal word.

No comments:

Post a Comment