Saturday, September 5, 2009

Birthday Greetings to Anju

Date: Aug 1998

Context:
My middle sister Anju’s B’day in August 1998... Like me, she too grew up in a boarding school from a fairly young age. She in ‘98 had just completed her MSc, was not married or engaged…
Her future unclear; me tried to steer; wanted hope to inspire; in Jesus the king.

My dear sister, precious one too
Here's a sweet poem, I've written for you:


I've known you since your infant days,
Then as a toddler, you wobbled into life.

During the years of your young childhood,
Together we were under one hood.

Well, in those days I truly was bad
For you were my mobile punching-bag.

Then distance came and kept us apart
But neither did familiarity's contempt, tear us apart.

Years have passed, so has the baby look
And you've blossomed into young maiden-hood.

Anxious you peer, into the distance unsure
"Will my man be one steadfast and sure?".

For cases you've seen, of a marriage so good,
But scary tales too, are a likelihood.

Amidst these many uncertainties of life,
Let me point you to Calvary, where He died.

Freedom true, pure joy too,
'T will be your due, if to Him you'll glue.

So-long sister, let me hear heaven sing
That my two sisters, to Jesus do cling.

Though oft we've seen not, eye to eye,
Let me now tell you of this one thing:

"Through all of life's journey, behind you'll be a ring... .
... The voice of your brother assuring.".

. But cling on to the path, the way so sure,
‘The pathway of lowliness’, do ensure.


In retrospect:
It’s 2009. God has blessed her with a happy marriage, two children and a faith in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment